$1,750,000 - Roanoke

142 N. Main Street , Roanoke

0 Baths 6 Half Baths 24600 Sq. Feet

Status: Available
MLS: 201617758 Sq. Ft.: 24600 Lot Size: 0.00 acres
Year built: 1916 Baths: 0 Half Baths: 6

Property Details:

Address: 142 N. Main Street
Roanoke, Indiana 46783
County: Huntington County
Neighborhood: Roanoke

This historic property consists of three buildings which have been completely restored and renovated. The brick structure was originally built by Newton Daniel Ellmor Richards in 1905 and was originally used as a single room hardware emporium. Newt and his brother drove a horse-drawn wagon to Fort Wayne, bought two dollars’ worth of goods from a wholesaler and opened up shop. They started by selling farm implements then expanded to include stoves and tin ware. The store soon expanded on the south side, where the Town Hall is currently located. The second story became the opera house and public hall in the early twentieth century. A storage building was built next door, which later became an automobile showroom for  Dodge vehicles and eventually Chevrolets. The workmanship of this building is evident with the carefully preserved tin ceiling and still functional, hand-operated freight elevator located in the back of the building. A handsome staircase was added to allow access to the second floor. In 1965, these buildings were occupied by  Roanoke Hardware for twenty-five years. The buildings became the head quarters of an insurance business  in 1990.

Lynn Reecer
P: 260.434.5750
inquiry@reecerproperties.com

Get Connected

142 N. Main Street , Roanoke

0 Baths 6 Half Baths 24600 Sq. Feet

Status: Available
MLS: 201617758 Sq. Ft.: 24600 Lot Size: 0.00 acres
Year built: 1916 Baths: 0 Half Baths: 6

Property Details:

Address: 142 N. Main Street
Roanoke, Indiana 46783
County: Huntington County
Neighborhood: Roanoke

This historic property consists of three buildings which have been completely restored and renovated. The brick structure was originally built by Newton Daniel Ellmor Richards in 1905 and was originally used as a single room hardware emporium. Newt and his brother drove a horse-drawn wagon to Fort Wayne, bought two dollars’ worth of goods from a wholesaler and opened up shop. They started by selling farm implements then expanded to include stoves and tin ware. The store soon expanded on the south side, where the Town Hall is currently located. The second story became the opera house and public hall in the early twentieth century. A storage building was built next door, which later became an automobile showroom for  Dodge vehicles and eventually Chevrolets. The workmanship of this building is evident with the carefully preserved tin ceiling and still functional, hand-operated freight elevator located in the back of the building. A handsome staircase was added to allow access to the second floor. In 1965, these buildings were occupied by  Roanoke Hardware for twenty-five years. The buildings became the head quarters of an insurance business  in 1990.

Lynn Reecer
P: 260.434.5750
inquiry@reecerproperties.com

Get Connected